Michael W. Smith .net
Home  News  Bio  Tour  Albums  Photos  Games  Webstore  Other

News

113 Current Michael W. Smith News Articles
Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  >>> Next Page
Viewing News Articles: 101 to 110

2 Friends Tour Set To Begin February 2nd
The 2 Friends Tour featuring Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant is set to begin on February 2nd. Currently, 22 tour dates have been scheduled, starting in Roseville CA on February 2nd and ending in Lancaster PA on March 6th. For more information check out the tour page:

Tour Information

26 January 2011

Update: -  02 February 2011: The 2 Friends Tour has started!

Michael Undergoes Surgery
Michael is scheduled to have surgery today (Thursday January 20th) for a herniated disk in his upper neck. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. For more information:

Michael W. Smith .com

Michael W. Smith on Facebook

Michael W. Smith on Twitter

20 January 2011

Update: -  20 January 2011: Michael is at home now and resting. The prognosis from the surgery is good for a 100% recovery. Keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

New Wonder, Worship, & Blessings Tour Announced
Michael's new Wonder, Worship, & Blessings Tour has been announced and will begin shortly after the conclusion of the 2 Friends Tour which ends in early March. Billed as 'an evening with Michael W. Smith', the Wonder, Worship, & Blessings Tour will host Michael in more intimate locations. Dates for this March/April tour will be announced soon.

Tour Information

09 January 2011

Michael W. Smith & Friends Nashville Weekend Event
Plans and details have been announced for the upcoming Michael W. Smith & Friends - A Nashville Weekend. This special and unique weekend event will take place June 3rd through June 5th 2011 in and around Nashville and Franklin Tennessee.

From the official event brochure:

Planning this event has been a blast! The idea of friends I see on the road coming to my hometown is really exciting for my family and me. We love Nashville, Franklin and all that Middle-Tennessee has to offer and we can’t wait for you to experience it yourself.

We have a lot planned for you, but we have also built in some time for you to explore the area. Some of Nashville’s highlights include: The Ryman Auditorium (the original home of the Grand Ole Opry), the Country Music Hall of Fame, historic lower Broadway and the Parthenon. In Franklin, you can visit several Civil War battle sites and soak up the rich history. You can take a stroll through downtown Franklin on Main Street, which will quickly remind you of the town of Mayberry. I have no doubt that you will quickly fall in love with Nashville and Franklin, my hometown.

You’ve heard me talk about the teen club Rocketown. I cannot wait for you to see firsthand the ministry that happens there. The band and I will make good use of the concert facility to put on a private show for you that could only happen at a venue like Rocketown.

Deb and I are particularly excited to host you at our farm in Franklin. Deer Valley Farm has been a retreat for the Smith Family for many years and for the first time, we will be opening the gates for you, my friends, to experience a traditional Tennessee BBQ. There’s likely to be some games and maybe a bit of fishing in our pond. Then we’ll close the night with a “Writers-in-the-Round” concert with a few of my friends, who you’ll find, have penned some of your favorite songs!

Along with a few great concerts with some of my Nashville friends, there will also be teaching sessions that you won’t want to miss. To cap off a great weekend we’ll end our time together with a very special church service. We want to create that moment that will send you home feeling refreshed, encouraged and renewed.

For me, this weekend is all about fellowship. I want it to be rich with interaction, sharing, renewing old friendships and making new ones! I hope you can join us for what I know will be an unforgettable weekend.

God Bless
Michael W. Smith

Click on the link below for more information or to download the event brochure:

Click Here for More MWS Weekend Event Information
20 December 2010

Michael's New Book A Simple Blessing Due Feb 2011
A new book by Michael titled A Simple Blessing: The Extraordinary Power of an Ordinary Prayer is scheduled to be released in February 2011. For more information or to Pre-Order A Simple Blessing check out the link below:

A Simple Blessing Book Information
08 December 2010

Update: -  15 February 2011: A Simple Blessing book is now available

It's A Wonderful Christmas Tour Underway
Michael's It's A Wonderful Christmas Tour is underway. Concert dates and locations can be found on the Tour Information page:

Click Here for Tour Information

26 November 2010

2 Friends Tour Press Release
Press Release for the upcoming 2 Friends Tour with Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant:

2 FRIENDS TOUR with Michael W. Smith & Amy Grant Announced for Early 2011!

Multi-platinum recording artists Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith have announced plans for a multi-city U.S. tour that will reunite these two iconic singer/songwriters for the first time on the road together (for a non-holiday tour) in more than two decades. Kicking off in early February, the “2 Friends” tour is slated to hit approximately 20 cities across the country, including Los Angeles, Chicago, Omaha, Minneapolis and Columbus (Ohio), among others.

Undoubtedly a landmark experience for music fans, the tour showcases two of Christian music’s most recognized and beloved artists who have, together, won nine GRAMMY® Awards and sold more than 47 million albums. The two first toured together in 1982 on Grant’s Age to Age Tour. Her Age to Age album was exploding up the Christian music charts, thanks to hits like “El Shaddai” and “Sing Your Praise To The Lord.” Smith toured as Grant’s keyboard player and opening act, supporting his debut release, Project, which generated instant classics like “Great Is The Lord” and “Friends.” They toured together on and off through the rest of that decade, culminating in the record-setting “Lead Me On” tour. They have continued to collaborate together musically over the years.

“I’ve always said I wouldn't be where I am without Amy Grant,” Smith says. “When Amy hired me to play keyboards for her, I never could have anticipated where it would take me. This many years later, to get to tour together again is just awesome. When I think about set lists and what we might do together, the question isn’t, ‘Where do we start?’ The question is, ‘Where do we stop?’ This will be a fun night with a lot of great memories.”

“That first decade we toured together was really pretty amazing,” Grant adds. “There’s a nostalgia element that comes with having worked with someone solidly for so long and I’m ecstatic about hitting the road with Michael again. We will share the stage and participate in each other’s sets. But no kidding, I will have just as much fun sitting on the side of the stage and watching him. It will be like old times.”

Both artists will perform music from their vast catalog of fan favorites, along with selections from their current chart-topping albums: Grant’s Somewhere Down The Road (March 2010), and Smith’s brand new project, Wonder (Sept. 2010). Ticket information for the 2 Friends Tour will be available on each artist’s website: www.amygrant.com and www.michaelwsmith.com

About Amy Grant:
Amy Grant’s career spans over 30 years and stretches from her roots in gospel into an iconic pop star, songwriter, television personality and philanthropist. Grant has sold more than 30 million albums and won six GRAMMY® Awards in multiple categories, beginning with the platinum selling Age to Age in 1982. She also has six #1 hits, including “Baby, Baby,” and “Every Heartbeat” and is one of only two Christian artists to be awarded a star on the legendary Walk of Fame in Hollywood.

Grant released her first live recording in 25 years with Time Again...Amy Grant Live in September 2006, and then announced her first ever label shift to EMI Music Group where her entire music catalog was re-mastered. In March of 2010, Grant released Somewhere Down The Road, a collection of songs about the journey of life and faith. The album debuted at #2 on the iTunes Christian music chart and the first single, “Better Than A Hallelujah,” was a Top 10 Christian radio hit and #1 on the iTunes Christian singles chart. For more information, go to www.amygrant.com

About Michael W. Smith:
Throughout his 28-year career as a recording artist, Michael W. Smith has amassed an impressive catalog of achievements. His prior 21 albums have garnered multiple honors including an American Music Award, three GRAMMY® Awards (from 13 nominations), 44 GMA Dove Awards (in addition to 1 nomination in the 41st Annual GMA Dove Awards) and 33 No. 1 radio hits. In addition, he holds 16 Gold, 7 Platinum and 2 Double-Platinum albums for career sales approaching 17 million. Wonder, Smith’s 22nd career album, released Sept. 28, 2010. Inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2009, Smith has also scored several film projects, written 11 books and has been featured by media outlets including “Hannity,” NBC’s “Today Show,” ABC’s “Good Morning America,” “NBC Nightly News,” “Larry King Live,” “FOX & Friends” and more.

Constantly giving back to the community, one of Smith’s current projects is Rocketown – a nightclub for teens in his hometown of Nashville, Tenn. – which serves as safe place for young people to enjoy music and for artists to be discovered. He and wife of 29 years, Debbie, are the proud parents of five children. For up-to-date information on Michael W. Smith, please visit www.michaelwsmith.com or www.providentpress.com

# # #

Concert dates and locations can be found on the Tour Information page link below. Some of the dates and locations for the 2 Friends Tour are tentative and may change. Additional dates and locations may be added:

10 November 2010

Michael W. Smith Talks About Surviving Success Interview
Michael W. Smith Talks About Surviving Success is the title of an interview with Michael by Caitlin King of the Associated Press. Read the full article at the link below:

Michael W. Smith Talks About Surviving Success Interview

04 November 2010

2 Friends Tour Announced for 2011
A new 2011 tour featuring Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant has been announced. The 2 Friends Tour will begin in February with 3 concert dates so far: Holland MI (2/10/11), Franklin NC (2/18/11), and Lancaster PA (3/06/11). Concert dates and locations can be found on the Tour Information page:

03 November 2010

Music History Carousel Featuring MWS
Check out the new Music History Carousel spanning Michael's music career. Choose an era: First Decade, Second Decade, Third Decade (current), or Videos/DVDs and albums of that time period will display on a rotating carousel. Click on an individual album for song list, song clips, availability, and more information. Visit the new Music History Carousel featuring Michael W. Smith at the link below:

Music History Carousel Featuring Michael W. Smith

06 October 2010

Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  >>> Next Page

Search Michael W. Smith .net News for:

Visit the Webstore