Michael W. Smith .net
Home  News  Bio  Tour  Albums  Photos  Games  Webstore  Other

News

115 Current Michael W. Smith News Articles
Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  >>> Next Page
Viewing News Articles: 41 to 50

Michael W. Smith and Friends Israel Tour Announced
The Michael W. Smith and Friends Israel Tour has been announced and will take place March 13-23, 2016. More information to be available soon.

MWS Israel 2016

Michael W. Smith and Friends Israel Tour 2016

20 July 2014

Sovereign Debuts in Top Ten on Billboard 200 Chart
Michael's new album Sovereign debuts at Number 10 in the Billboard 200 Chart. If you have not already got Sovereign, it is one of Michael's best to date. Check it out. For a complete track list, visit the Album Video Song History page. Spread the word!

Sovereign

Buy Sovereign
Preview MP3
Buy Sovereign from iTunes

22 May 2014

New Album Sovereign Released!
Michael's new album Sovereign is now available. For a complete track list, visit the Album Video Song History page. Spread the word!

Sovereign

Buy Sovereign
Preview MP3

13 May 2014

Michael Hosts Q&A Event on iTunes Facebook
Michael held a live Question and Answer session last night (5/8/2014) on the iTunes Facebook page. Questions asked by fans were answered directly by Michael. If you were not able to attend the event, the session transcript is here ->

Michael W. Smith Live Q&A on iTunes Facebook

09 May 2014

New Album Sovereign Coming This Tuesday May 13th
Michael's new album Sovereign will be released this Tuesday, May 13th. Spread the word!

Sovereign

Buy Sovereign
Preview MP3

09 May 2014

Pre-order Specials on New Sovereign Album and DVD
Michaelwsmith.com has some great pre-order deals on Michael's new album Sovereign and the Sovereign DVD that is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, May 13th. Pre-order specials include free copies of Michael's Glory album and great pricing. Good for a limited time. Check it out!

Pre-order Deals on Sovereign

09 April 2014

New Music Video of You Won't Let Go Released
The new music video of Michael's latest single You Won't Let Go was released today and is online for viewing here: You Won't Let Go Music Video. You Won't Let Go is the first single from Michael's new album titled Sovereign that is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, May 13th 2014.

You Won't Let Go Music Video

08 April 2014

Friends Online Moving To New Facebook Group Page
Michael W. Smith's Friends Online community is moving to a new Facebook Group Page.

From Michael's official MWS TEAM:

'Friends Online is moving to FACEBOOK as a GROUP PAGE so that interacting will be easier and fit into your daily routine better. We realize that not everyone will use FACEBOOK - and because of that we will maintain email list announcements from MichaelWSmith.com to all of you. Friends Online access will remain FREE for all - members will receive first notice of concert pre-sales when they are available and of course first-access to news and music from Michael W. Smith. The NING based page will remain here until May 31st - so if there is content on your profile that you would like to save - you will have two months to do so.'

'To JOIN the new FRIENDS ONLINE all you'll have to do is click on the link provided below and request to join. Within 24 hours of your request one of our admin team members will approve your membership. We are going to manage SPAM content VERY tightly so please do NOT use Friends Online as a place to promote yourself or your business. FRIENDS ONLINE is a place for fans and friends of MICHAEL W. SMITH to discuss news of the day as it pertains to our community and of course Michael W. Smith's concerts and music. We will be starting a privacy centered prayer team soon and will announce more information on that in coming weeks!'

Join the New Friends Online Here

31 March 2014

Michael's New Album Sovereign Releases May 13th
GRAMMY® Winner and Musical Icon Michael W. Smith to Release Sovereign May 13

Sovereign marks Smith's first studio worship album since 2008

Sovereign Deluxe Edition to include DVD concert with
special appearances by Kari Jobe and Leeland Mooring

Nashville, Tenn. (March 20, 2014) - After selling more than 15 million albums, scoring 28 No. 1 hits, earning three GRAMMY® Awards and more than 40 Dove Awards, musical icon Michael W. Smith will open a new chapter in his career on May 13 as he releases Sovereign, his first studio worship album since 2008 and his first album with new label partner Sparrow Records and Capitol Christian Music Group. Sovereign will also be available as a Deluxe Edition, which will include a special DVD concert filmed at Smith's barn in Franklin, Tenn. and will feature guest appearances from Kari Jobe and Leeland Mooring. The DVD will also include special behind the scenes footage and content with Smith discussing the inspiration behind Sovereign.

Well known as one of the most gifted artists and worship leaders of his generation, Smith’s previous worship projects have sold well over 3.5 million albums. Throughout the entirety of his career, Smith's albums have received one Double Platinum, seven Platinum and 16 Gold RIAA Certifications. However, not one to rest on past success as he hits the “sweet spot” of his career, Smith is deliberately entering a new creative chapter on Sovereign, crafting a vibrant collection of vertically-focused songs with a fresh sense of musical innovation.

“I’m enjoying making music more than I ever have in my entire life,” Smith exudes. “I’m having fun and I’m excited about this record and this next chapter.”

In the spirit of this new adventure, Smith enlisted the talents of several songwriters and producers he hasn’t collaborated with previously for Sovereign, including Seth Moseley (Newsboys, Sanctus Real, Love & the Outcome) and Kyle Lee (Natalie Grant). Smith also tapped the expertise of producers Chris Stevens (TobyMac, Carrie Underwood, Mandisa) and West Coast-based writer/producer Jeremy Edwardson (Kari Jobe, Jesus Culture). Bridging the gap between a generation of worship leaders, Smith brought in one of his favorite singers, Kari Jobe, to sing on a track.

“You Won’t Let Go,” the first single from Sovereign, has quickly become a staple in Smith’s live shows. The song has also given Smith a triumphant reentry to Christian radio where it was immediately the most added at Christian AC, and currently sits at No. 22 on the National Christian Audience chart. The lyric video for the track can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRb_NIQTzyA

Sovereign
1. You Won’t Let Go
2. Heaven Come Down
3. Miracle
4. Sky Spills Over
5. All Arise
6. You Are The Fire
7. Christ Be All Around Me
8. Sovereign Over Us
9. Hide Myself
10. The Same Power
11. I Lay Me Down
12. The One That Really Matters (Featuring Kari Jobe

Sovereign Deluxe Edition CD+DVD
CD

1. You Won’t Let Go
2. Heaven Come Down
3. Miracle
4. Sky Spills Over
5. All Arise
6. You Are The Fire
7. Christ Be All Around Me
8. Sovereign Over Us
9. Hide Myself
10. The Same Power
11. I Lay Me Down
12. The One That Really Matters (Featuring Kari Jobe)

DVD
1. You Won’t Let Go
2. You Are The Fire
3. Hide Myself
4. The Same Power
5. All Arise
6. Sovereign Over Us
7. I Lay Me Down
8. Christ Be All Around Me (Featuring Leeland Mooring)
9. The One That Really Matters (Featuring Kari Jobe)
10. You Are The Fire (Reprise)

About Michael W. Smith
Michael W. Smith is an acclaimed singer, songwriter, and musician who has sold more than 15 million albums, achieved 28 No. 1 songs, earned three GRAMMY® Awards, one American Music Award, and more than 40 Dove Awards. Throughout his career, the Contemporary Christian Music artist has had the opportunity to sing for several Presidents and national leaders. He actively supports the teen club Rocketown, Compassion International, and Samaritan’s Purse, the ministry headed by Franklin Graham. Michael and his wife Debbie live in Middle Tennessee, where they raised their five children. His first studio worship album since 2008, Sovereign, will be available in stores on May 13. For more information, visit www.michaelwsmith.com

Get Connected with Michael W. Smith
Website - www.michaelwsmith.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/michaelwsmithofficial
Twitter - www.twitter.com/michaelwsmith

Visit Friends Online at: http://michaelwsmith.ning.com

Source: Press Release

20 March 2014

Michael's First Traditional Hymn Album Out 3/24
First Album of Traditional Church Hymns for Legendary Contemporary Christian Music Entertainer

LEBANON, Tenn. (March 05, 2014) – Just in time for the Easter season, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® and Michael W. Smith announce the release of Hymns, Smith’s newest album, which will be available on March 24 exclusively at all Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® locations and online at crackerbarrel.com. The digital album will also be available for purchase at select digital retailers. This is the first time in his legendary career that Smith has recorded an album of traditional hymns, including many that he sang in church when he was young. The album contains 15 songs and will sell for $11.99.

'I first heard many of these hymns when I attended First Baptist Church in Kenova, West Virginia with my Mom, Dad, and sister Kimberly,' said Smith. 'The message of the songs combined with the timeless music helped build the foundation of my Christian beliefs. I have always wanted to record an album of hymns, and am thankful that Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® wanted to share it with their guests.'

'We are honored that Michael W. Smith has chosen to release his first-ever traditional hymns album with Cracker Barrel,' said Cracker Barrel Marketing Manager Julie Craig. 'Hymns is filled with beautiful and beloved songs that we know our guests will enjoy and treasure for years.'

Hymns was produced by Kyle Lee and Jim Daneker, with track no. 15 produced by Smith. The album’s executive producers are Greg Ham and Chaz Corzine. The songs on Hymns are as follows:

1) 'The Old Rugged Cross' (written by George Bennard)
2) 'My Jesus, I Love Thee' (written by William R. Featherston)
3) 'Were You There' (written by C. Winfred Douglas)
4) 'Victory in Jesus' (written by E.M. Bartlett)
5) 'How Great Thou Art' (written by Stuart K. Hine)
6) 'Just As I Am' (written by Charlotte Elliott)
7) 'Near the Cross' (written by Fanny Crosby)
8) 'It is Well' (written by Horatio Spafford)
9) 'Softly and Tenderly' (written by Will L. Thompson)
10) 'When I Survey the Wondrous Cross' (written by Isaac Watts)
11) 'What a Friend We Have in Jesus' (written by Joseph M Scriven)
12) 'Wonderful, Merciful Savior' (written by Dawn Rodgers and Eric Wyse)
13) 'Great is Thy Faithfulness' (written by Thomas O.Chisholm and William M. Runyan)
14) 'God of Our Fathers' (written by Daniel C. Roberts)
15) 'The Lord Bless You and Keep You' (written by Peter C. Lutkin)

The album features timeless Christian classics, with songs ranging in creation date from 1708 ('When I Survey the Wondrous Cross') to 1989 ('Wonderful, Merciful Savior'). The remaining thirteen songs were written between 1840 and 1953.

Smith is an acclaimed singer, songwriter, and musician who has sold more than 15 million albums, achieved 28 No. 1 songs, earned three GRAMMY Awards, one American Music Award, and more than 40 Dove Awards. Throughout his career, the Contemporary Christian artist has had the opportunity to sing for Presidents and national leaders, and counts among his friends the Reverend Billy Graham and his son, Franklin Graham. He actively supports the teen club Rocketown, Compassion International, and Samaritan’s Purse, the ministry headed by Franklin Graham. Michael and his wife Debbie live in Middle Tennessee, where they raised their five children. For more information, visit www.michaelwsmith.com

Source: Press Release

Hymns

Preview MP3
Buy Hymns from iTunes

07 March 2014

Update: -  Hymns is now available

Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  >>> Next Page

Search Michael W. Smith .net News for:

Visit the Webstore