Michael W. Smith .net
Home  News  Bio  Tour  Albums  Photos  Games  Webstore  Other

News

113 Current Michael W. Smith News Articles
Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  >>> Next Page
Viewing News Articles: 81 to 90

New 2012 Tours and Concert Dates Announced
Several new tours and concert dates have been announced for 2012. The Michael W. Smith Brazil Tour starts in January. On January 18th, Michael performs live with Aline Barros in Sao Paolo, Brazil for the recording of her new DVD. Following the Brazil Tour is the Wonder Worship and Glory Tour with numerous stops in the US. The Michael W. Smith and Band Canadian Tour follows in May. For more information and dates check out the tour page:

Tour Information
15 November 2011

Countdown to Glory
The countdown to Glory, Michael's next new album, is getting close to the November 22nd release date. The CD is now available for pre-order:

22 October 2011

Michael to Join Hannity Holiday Concert Salute to the Troops
Michael will be part of Sean Hannity's Holiday Concert Salute to the Troops which will be held in three cities this December: Pittsburgh (12/2), Washington DC (12/3), and Atlanta (12/18). Along with Michael and Sean, the concerts will feature Oliver North and recording artist Five for Fighting. For more information visit:

Sean Hannity's Holiday Concert Salute to the Troops
18 October 2011

New Album Glory Official Press Release
Michael W. Smith Releases Second Instrumental Project, Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One of contemporary Christian music’s most enduring and beloved artists, Michael W. Smith presents the highly anticipated instrumental follow-up to his 2000 RIAA Gold-selling album, Freedom. Titled 'Glory', the project, Smith’s 23rd career record, will be available at national retail outlets on Nov. 22.

Recorded with a 65-piece orchestra at London’s prestigious AIR Studios (Andrew Lloyd Webber, Peter Gabriel, Pirates of the Caribbean, “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”), Glory was arranged by Smith’s longtime friend David Hamilton and features a moving collection of original music. Included on the album, produced by Smith, are “Glory – The Overture,” “The Patriot,” “Heroes,” “Whitaker’s Wonder,” “Redemption,” “Atonement,” “The Romance,” “The Tribute” and a larger-than-life symphonic version of “Agnus Dei.”

Smith comments, “I’ve said many times that Freedom is my favorite record, so I’m very excited to be releasing my second instrumental record. I think the people that enjoyed Freedom will love this one; and I actually think some of the unique musical twists this project is taking will open it up to a whole new audience as well.”

On the inspiration for Glory, Smith notes, “When I work with an orchestra I feel like I’m in my element. I often think of the film ‘Chariots of Fire’ and the famous quote by the film’s hero Eric Liddell. He says, ‘when I run I feel His pleasure.’ This statement encompasses my experience when I work on instrumental music. When I’m able to see sweeping melodies and epic, cinematic songs come to fruition, it’s like I am offering a prayer to our Father in Heaven.”

Press Release from michaelwsmith.com

01 September 2011

Update: -  Editor's Note: Pre-orders are now available through michaelwsmith.com here: Pre-Order Glory Offers at discounted prices. Single CD, Multiple CD, Freedom/Glory combo packs, and foil signature lithographs are also available for pre-order.

New Album Glory To Be Released November 22nd
Michael is working on his latest album titled Glory which is also coined as Freedom II. Glory is scheduled to be released Novmeber 22nd. Click the link below to view Michael's video update from the studio:

New Album Video Update

24 August 2011

New Music Video Released: I'll Wait For You
Michael has released his latest music video based on the song I'll Wait For You from the Wonder album. Click the link below to view I'll Wait For You:

I'll Wait For You Music Video

16 August 2011

Sean Hannity Joins 2012 MWS New England/Canada Cruise
Radio and TV broadcaster Sean Hannity will be joining Michael W. Smith on his 2012 Canada and New England Cruise. Guests also include Francesca Battistelli and Jeremy Camp. The cruise is scheduled for July 7 - 14, 2012. For more information click the link below:

MWS 2012 Cruise Information

27 July 2011

Update: -  25 January 2012: The official guest list has changed. Guests include Sean Hannity, Jeremy Camp, and Audrey Assad.

Michael To Perform Benefit Concert for Franklin Theatre
Michael will perform a special concert at The Franklin Theatre in Franklin TN on August 6th as part of the Green Nights Music Series to benefit the historic Franklin Theatre. Only 300 tickets will be sold starting on July 6th. Click below for ticket information:

Ticket Information

02 July 2011

2 Friends Tour Summer and Fall Dates Announced
Summer and Fall dates for the 2 Friends Tour featuring Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant have been announced. For more information check out the tour page:

Concert and Tour Information

2 Friends Concert Review

2 Friends Concert Photos

21 May 2011

Christa Black's New Book God Loves Ugly Now Available
Christa Black, who has toured with Michael numerous times in recent years, has released a new book titled God Loves Ugly.

Quoting Michael W. Smith: 'I can't recommend this book enough. Christa's effortless style and honesty will reach hearts, inspiring hope for all who struggle to believe true freedom is for them.'

The book has received excellent reader reviews.

Book Description: DO YOU EVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND HATE WHAT YOU SEE? Your eyes can lie. Rejection, shame, and self-hatred can poison perceptions and hinder us from seeing and believing what's actually true. In GOD LOVES UGLY Christa Black shares her personal victory against powerful adversaries--her thoughts, feelings, and reflection. From world-touring stadium performer to rehab-bound bulimic binge eater, Christa's unashamed transparency will win your heart, hold your attention, and give you practical tools to overcome the monsters that can consume our lives. She invites the reader into her own painful struggles and spiritual journey, providing solutions to life's problems in a highly entertaining and vulnerable, yet empowering way. You were made to live free. Whether you are struggling with an eating disorder, depression, addiction, or just feeling a little insecure, GOD LOVES UGLY will shift the way you think, motivate permanent change, and inspire your heart to find peace.

For more information on God Loves Ugly click the link below:

God Loves Ugly Book Information

14 April 2011

Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  >>> Next Page

Search Michael W. Smith .net News for:

Visit the Webstore