Michael W. Smith .net
Home  News  Bio  Tour  Albums  Photos  Games  Webstore  Other

News

92 Current Michael W. Smith News Articles
Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Viewing News Articles: 91 to 92

Michael to Join Hannity Holiday Concert Salute to the Troops
Michael will be part of Sean Hannity's Holiday Concert Salute to the Troops which will be held in three cities this December: Pittsburgh (12/2), Washington DC (12/3), and Atlanta (12/18). Along with Michael and Sean, the concerts will feature Oliver North and recording artist Five for Fighting. For more information visit:

Sean Hannity's Holiday Concert Salute to the Troops
18 October 2011

New Album Glory Official Press Release
Michael W. Smith Releases Second Instrumental Project, Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One of contemporary Christian music’s most enduring and beloved artists, Michael W. Smith presents the highly anticipated instrumental follow-up to his 2000 RIAA Gold-selling album, Freedom. Titled 'Glory', the project, Smith’s 23rd career record, will be available at national retail outlets on Nov. 22.

Recorded with a 65-piece orchestra at London’s prestigious AIR Studios (Andrew Lloyd Webber, Peter Gabriel, Pirates of the Caribbean, “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”), Glory was arranged by Smith’s longtime friend David Hamilton and features a moving collection of original music. Included on the album, produced by Smith, are “Glory – The Overture,” “The Patriot,” “Heroes,” “Whitaker’s Wonder,” “Redemption,” “Atonement,” “The Romance,” “The Tribute” and a larger-than-life symphonic version of “Agnus Dei.”

Smith comments, “I’ve said many times that Freedom is my favorite record, so I’m very excited to be releasing my second instrumental record. I think the people that enjoyed Freedom will love this one; and I actually think some of the unique musical twists this project is taking will open it up to a whole new audience as well.”

On the inspiration for Glory, Smith notes, “When I work with an orchestra I feel like I’m in my element. I often think of the film ‘Chariots of Fire’ and the famous quote by the film’s hero Eric Liddell. He says, ‘when I run I feel His pleasure.’ This statement encompasses my experience when I work on instrumental music. When I’m able to see sweeping melodies and epic, cinematic songs come to fruition, it’s like I am offering a prayer to our Father in Heaven.”

Press Release from michaelwsmith.com

01 September 2011

Update: -  Editor's Note: Pre-orders are now available through michaelwsmith.com here: Pre-Order Glory Offers at discounted prices. Single CD, Multiple CD, Freedom/Glory combo packs, and foil signature lithographs are also available for pre-order.

Previous Page <<<  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

Search Michael W. Smith .net News for:

Visit the Webstore